So the primaries are over and it looks like most of us survived with our ideals intact, if not our grocery budgets. What brings forth change doesn't kill us so it must have made us stronger according to Nietszche. I'm waiting for the change to materialize like a windfall profit chocolate carmel mocha coffee kind of strength.


These dreams infect us as we wish upon the stars. Tomorow will be better than today even if the WiFi is not working to tell us so. 


Graham Platner soundly raced on to victory with a margin that set the corporatists mouths agape as they tremble at the thought of Bernie's 5% billionaires' tax going to the rest of us so we can afford to attend cage matches at absurd places and steamed peas in a lightly salted cannola oil high in healthy omega3 when we air travel - you know like the good people do.


Janet Mills who was only polling at 10% got 19% despite suspending her campaign, a nice thank you to the Governor who helped shape Maine into the relative paradise it is today.


As we brace for midterms it is time to coalesce around the winners of our primaries. We held rancorous debates going into them and it might be difficult for some, but the reason we are a union and not a waring nation of thugs is politics. We can agree to disagree with our rivals but in the end we all put aside our differences and focus on what unites us as Americans when we face new challenges. We all want the WiFi to work.


Yet do we all want universal health care, climate reform  and lower prices ? The polls say most of us do. Even though apparently we can't agree on what kind of burrito is a real Texas burrito. There are ways to fix our problems that many other nations have already tried and we can learn from them.


Like why not ask Mexico how to make a burrito and ask Finland how they do universal heath care ? They lead their respective fields. 


There is going to be $400 million spent in the Maine US Senate race between Graham Platner and Susan Collins. I can hear the nonstop ads in my imagination trashing and bitter. A captive to our TVs.


These will not solve any problems they are just a way for the candidates to tear down their opponents. A collosal waste of time and energy that cease to have mattered once the victor is chosen. Like trying to eat ice cream when all you have is a hot iron. And the ice cream is insult flavored. Mind numbed people who say they are sick of the ads soak them in anyway. No choice change the channel and there are more ads.


We must ask ourselves: 'self, is this really what we want ? To be overthrown by a brain numbing super pac telling us what to think ?'


There are some people who will say 'yes' tell me what I want dammit ! Do I want to go outside ? Do I need a drink of water ? I want to know how I'm supposed to feel about it for God's sake !


But no, we have to decide and there lies the magical beauty of our democracy - the choice. We get what we ask for.


It is up to us to shape the government we want for a brighter, more hopeful tomorow. To try new things that might work and learn from the things that don't. I am ready for a new day and new ideas like a puppy wanting to try the doorway to the outside world for the first time. I hope you are too. There are chocolate carmel mocha coffees out there.



Reference links:

https://keithsopinionpage.blogspot.com/2026/06/cnn-june-2nd-2026-university-of-new.html?m=1


I am in exile from Van Buren, Maine awaiting the chance return.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog