I believe I wrote the lyrics to Matchbox 20's 'Unwell' after I found a hypnotic trigger and became crazy in 1997.


It is one of a number of songs I believe I wrote the lyrics to in the period between 1984 and 2008.


I believe I wrote the lyrics after a lot of strange things happened to me.


I once saw a shadow appear in the form of a 6" tall man pushing against a book leaning out of my bookshelf in the glow of my oil lamp and as I was watching it the book fell to the floor of my hut.


Crazy or weird ?


I believe I had my bicycle stolen by someone in a helicopter.


The helicopter had landed at the cul de sac at the end of 118th Ave. N. in St Pete off of 9th St N.


Something told me to leave my bike at the end of my path leading to 118th Ave. and I walked almost all of the way up the avenue when the helicopter landed. It looked like a Coast Guard helicopter. I walked back to look but my bike was gone.


I believe I saw the Archangel Michael push against a large semi truck in my mind's eye, and in the real world the truck began bucking in place and grinding it's gears as if it's transmission was broken.


This happened at 94th Ave. N and 9th. Street N.


Before I found the hypnotic trigger that made me crazy in November of 1997, a girl named Justine sat down next to me at the Labor World day labor pool around 1990 and started talking about all of these drug dealers she allegedly knew.


I thought maybe she had a death wish and I told her maybe it's not a good idea to talk like that in front of a lot of possible drug users.


I believe she was 'Justine' in the Smashing Pumpkins song '1979'.

Also before I became crazy I was once riding my bike into the day labor pool in Pinellas Park around 1993-4 and it was very rainy and there was a headwind so I was basically pedaling as hard as I could but only inching forward...I was passing a bar that was called Bleachers on 94th Ave N and I said to myself: 'If I find a $20 bill in the Bleachers' parking lot I'm not even going to bother going in to work'.


I road my bike into the Bleachers parking lot and found a $20 bill in a puddle.


'Research shows that people living with schizophrenia and living in the community rather than in hospital are about 14 times more likely to be the victim of violent crime than to be the perpetrator of it and at considerably higher risk of being a victim than people who do not have schizophrenia.4 '


- Living With Schizophrenia in the UK


The first psychotic bout is the most dangerous.



At the time (~1997) I was living in an area that turned out to be a toxic waste plume from the old Honeywell plant at 9th St N and 116th Ave. which deposited many chemicals in the canal near 9th Street North in St Pete and I-275.


Gemini said there is a toxic plume there consisting of trichoroethylene and heavy metals that originates from the Toytown landfill.


But I had found the hypnotic trigger 12 years earlier in 1984/85 in Massachusetts and forced the word association out of my mind and didn't go crazy.


So I really can't subscribe to my theories that all the chemicals I worked with or the toxins in the environment or falling off of a roof and getting amnesia caused my condition. Tho they might have aggravated it.


The hypnotic trigger instigated my condition, and since I found it twice I believe it must have been real.


I'm not allowed to go back to where my hut was because the state made it an environmental sanctuary or something.


It is a mitigation site:




- RKK





- St Pete Catalyst





- Tampa Bay Times





- AI Overview



They put a fence up in front of it on 9th St. North.




- Google Maps Streetview


As far as I know our hut is still there tho the hurricanes must have done damage to it.


I believe the lyrics to 'Slice' '100 Years' 'Hello From Venus' 'Straight up' 'Hall of Fame' 'Unwell' 'She's so Mean' 'I Can't Get Home Tonight' 'Around Here' '123 Marlenas' 'Bitter Sweet Symphony' 'One Step Closer to Knowing' and 'This is the Story of a Girl' were written there.







I also believe I wrote the lyrics to the Goo Goo Dolls' 'Broadway' one night around 1986 at the Mohawk Bar in North Adams, Mass the day the Williamstown, Mass building inspector Dick Malevaisie put the condemned sign up on Dad's house after I had been trying to rebuild the roof.




The original article by the Boston Phoenix newspaper titled 'The Making of Paul LePage Parts 1&2' stated that LePage had been 'a government building executive in Massachusetts in the 1980s' and as you can see here you can no longer access that report after the first page, because The Boston Phoenix went out of business. This is what made me believe LePage was the building inspector Richard Malevaisie, along with Dad telling me the building inspector was related to the LePages in Williamstown who owned a liquor store in town.



Colin Woodward, who appears to be the original author, reprinted the articles but omits the part about LePage being a building executive in Massachusetts.


Instead it mentions LePage starting his own company with a partner, LePage & Kasevich, about that time and they specialized in restructuring failing businesses, which Sprague Electric was in 1986.


He does mention a Walter Sprague from the Boston area, who was one of LePage's classmates at Husson:


'There were a lot of takers. “It was right in the smack middle of the Vietnam era, and your student deferment would end if you stopped going to school,” says Walter Sprague, who joined LePage’s class from a three-year college in Boston sophomore year. “Many people wanted a four-year school.”'


https://colinwoodard.com/the-making-of-paul-lepage-part-i-from-the-archives/


I believe when I wrote the lyrics 'the one small point I know they've been missing around here', I was refering to Sprague Electric closing.



If LePage/Malevasie was a spy he might have been after the secret of ion implantation, which Sprague invented. Ion implantation made computer chips feasable.




- John D Macdougall was one of the discoverers of ion implantation at Sprague Electric.





I believed I killed LePage/Malivaisie when I got mad and started punching a pillow in my tent on the median strip of Gandy Blvd. (Which I believe I wrote the lyrics to Green Day's 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' about). A full sized image of Jesus appeared and asked me to stop, but I was so angry.





It was Christmas eve and I was so angry thinking about Dad being alone on Christmas. I called Dad a month later and he told me the building inspector died at a Christmas Eve party from a stroke.

I found Malivaisie's obit in a Berlin, NY newspaper (Berlin borders Williamstown) but I can't find it now. He allegedly died Christmas Eve in 1991.


I became terrified I was going to hell - it had never occurred to me that I had planned on murdering LePage/ Malivasie until he died, then I prayed to Jesus to bring Malivasie back to life so I wouldn't go to hell for murdering someone.


I believed I had somehow killed him with my mind. This was before I went crazy after finding the hypnotic trigger. I tried to kill Saddam Hussein during the first Gulf war about that time also, but a group of Arabic like people with grey beards appeared in my mind's eye and asked me why I was trying to kill him.


About 6 years later, in 1997, I found a hypnotic trigger attached to a chain with a cross on it and decided to make the word association between a screw and a spring attached to the chain. I heard a pop in the back of my head and suddenly there were translucent cartoon like people inside my imagination.


20 years after I found the hypnotic trigger which caused a pop in the back of my head and visions of all of these people I see in my mind's eye now - I found out they were being projected into my mind's eye by what feels like a 1/2" sphere that is possibly able to do anything.


Since the image of Jesus appeared before I went crazy, and many people have seen visions of people like Jesus, they should be careful about what they think and feel because they might have a sphere in their head that is capable of doing things they might later regret.





I was incredibly angry when I believe I wrote those lyrics in the Mohawk Bar that night and there was just me, the bartender, two ladies at the end of the bar and an older gent who asked if he could read what I was writing in my notebook. I remember very clearly thinking that if he looked at me funny or even blinked I was going to punch him in the head as hard as I could.


Whomever he was he was a perfect gentleman only his face turned ashen when I informed him that WMNB had just announced Ella Fitzgerald had died and the announcer had said 'Broadway is dark tonight' which explained the first line of the poem.


He then told me he used to manage her. My attitude immediately changed from anger to empathy as I could see it affected him deeply.


I told him I wasn't sure she had died and that I had just heard it on the radio and that maybe he should call the radio station to find out for certain.


It turned out she hadn't died that night, but Wikipedia says she did have a heart attack in 1986, but recovered.


Wikipedia also said both of her managers had previously died before that night, but the NY Times said that John Hammond Sr. had sort of discovered her.


'Mr. Hammond heard Ella Fitzgerald in 1934, shortly after she had won an amateur contest, and declined to record her; he later said it was the worst mistake of his career. A Reluctant Goodman.'



'He told talent scout John Hammond about her, and Hammond tried to find a spot for her in the Fletcher Henderson or Chick Webb bands. But neither band leader was interested in any ``girl singer.'''








Comments

Popular posts from this blog